Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Situation

I was listening to multiple radio stations and both mentioned in their "Entertainment Updates" that Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino could make 5 million in 2010.  My take on this issue? I think he should have made more...


Without "The Situation" on MTV's "Jersey Shore", the show would just stink (and probably would not have been signed through season 3).  The guy has made terms such as "GTL", "Grenade" and "The Shirt Before The Shirt" popular around the college crowd.  If I knew I was going to be back for a second season on a popular show I would do the same.  His fifteen minutes of fame will be up soon enough so why not make money off of it?  Other male cast members cannot support the show without him.  Pauly D is great ("don't get it twisted"!), Vinny has occasional one liners ("Jenni’s tits definitely defy gravity. I think Albert Einstein should come back and rewrite his laws of physics and work it around Jenni’s tits") and Ronnie, well they could  just do without him.

Mike is usually the one who brings women back to their suite and is constantly why the show can tease and keep you watching to the end.  If I could make up to $50,000 and episode I would give it my all too!  Go party bang girls and get paid?  What kinda guy wouldn't want to do that?

Oh, when the season is over, Mike knows how to keep busy...

According to the Hollywood Reporter, his appearance fee can range from anywhere from $15,000-$50,000.  This is amazing.  Hell, if there are two clubs in the same area and I only needed to show my face for a little bit, I would book two a night!  It keeps getting better!

'The Situation" is going to be endorsing "Devotion Vodka" that contains Protein.  Does yours truly drink Vodka?  NO, but I will, and why?  Because it is endorsed by him.  Carry that bottle around at a party and it is a great conversation starter with a woman (we shall see, because I plan on doing it).  He also raps.  It's not like he's not working for this money, I am sure a lot goes into planning and he gets tired, but keep on trucking, because it will be all over soon.  
  
Who is to blame for all this?  POP CULTURE.  Am I a fan?  (of course)  will I watch every Thursday? (of course) and will I feed his 15 mintues of fame (Yes) and why?  Because MTV knows how to suck in thier viewers.  I only watched it because my friends started calling each other bros and referencing the clever one liners.  


One last point why he deserves all this money?  "The Situation" has given me confidence (this is not easy to do).  Now, I always wear "fresh" shoes when I go out and do not wear the same shirt while pre-gaming before I leave.  The littlest things make me a fan.  Until his time is up, I hope "The Situation" pulls in as much money as he can, because you know as well as I know that we would all do the same!
 
-Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment